Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format. The text is single-spaced; uses 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. Submissions do not need to be anonymized for peer review. Please include author names on the manuscript.
- Includes a statement indicating the intended audience and purpose.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. You can look up DOIs at https://doi.crossref.org/simpleTextQuery
- If the submission recommends or mentions non-native plant species, authors have consulted the IFAS Assessment for the current conclusions (http://assessment.ifas.ufl.edu/)
- REVISIONS: All current and former authors (as necessary) approve any changes in authorship.
The documents contained on this website are copyrighted by the University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) for the people of the State of Florida. UF/IFAS retains all rights under all conventions, but permits free reproduction by all agents and offices of the Cooperative Extension Service and the people of the State of Florida. Permission is granted to others to use these materials in part or in full for educational purposes, provided that full credit is given to the UF/IFAS, citing the publication, its source, and date of publication.