Assistant Editor Positions Available
Chemical Engineering Education (CEE), the premier journal for educational scholarship in chemical engineering and related fields, is seeking applications for up to four (4) Assistant Editor positions available within the journal. CEE is published by the Chemical Engineering Division of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE). Potential financial compensation for the Assistant Editor positions will be decided by the Publications Board on an annual basis.
Each Assistant Editor position will handle paper editorial duties consistent with their interest and expertise. Additionally, each Assistant Editor position will likely be assigned oversight and management over an aspect of the journal (e.g. social media, educator profiles, etc.)
The Assistant Editors who join the journal will work on a team consisting of Assistant Editors, up to two Associate Editors, one Editor, one Publications Manager and a Publications Board.
The journal is interested in an applicant’s interest, knowledge, expertise and/or ideas associated with four areas:
- Educational research, especially within chemical engineering
- Social media, including Twitter and other platforms
- Educator and Departmental Profiles
- Special Issue management
Applicants for the position should send the following information in electronic format:
- A general one-page cover letter expressing interest in the position
- Up to one-page on each of the four items above. Where an applicant may have limited experience in an area, it is appropriate to focus on thoughts on this area as it relates to the future of the journal.
- A full CV
- A list of two references
Please send all information via email to Dr. Donald P. Visco, Jr., CEE Assistant Editor Search Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applications will be acknowledged to confirm receipt. All materials are due by December 1, 2019.