The mission of JPSS is to foster a community where researchers, practitioners, and policy makers can come together to find solutions to address issues facing postsecondary student success through rigorous and timely research and evidence-based policy and practice.
Focus and Scope
JPSS is a quarterly, open-access publication intended to disseminate theory, research, policy, and practice related to student success in higher education. The journal welcomes work that addresses challenges, interventions, innovations, and solutions to address issues facing postsecondary student success and equity from interdisciplinary perspectives.
General topics of interest include:
- Student success in higher education
- Evaluation of educational policies or programs for student success
- Effective programs and innovations
- Data and analytics for student success
- Student success in all types of postsecondary settings
- Institutional research and assessment for student success
- Organizational and institutional transformation for student success
- Implementation issues in student success interventions
- Institutional transformation for student success and equity
- Equity and success for students of all backgrounds
- Strategic finance for equity and student success
- Student success in a changing world
In addressing these topics, authors are encouraged to emphasize the practical applications of their knowledge and findings for institutional administrators, policy makers, and practitioners.
- Research Articles
- Essays and Commentary
- Policy and Practices
Open Access Policy
JPSS provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. There are no article processing charges, submissions fees, or any other costs required of authors to submit articles to this journal.