Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The faculty mentor has reviewed the article against the rubric prior to submission and signed the Faculty Verification form (http://tinyurl.com/FURJFacultyVerification).
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The text is double spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
This section focuses on original research conducted in capstone projects, honors theses, posters, or revisions of a research paper written for a course. Be sure to work with your professor in order to transform it into a publication.
Prior to submission, your faculty mentor must complete the Faculty Verification Form, which should be included with the submission of your essay.
The author is the copyright holder .
The Florida Undergraduate Research Journal abides by the CC Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 license. This license enables reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator. CC BY-NC includes the following elements:
BY: credit must be given to the creator.
NC: Only noncommercial uses of the work are permitted.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.