The Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society (FLAIRS) was founded in 1987 to promote and advance AI within the State of Florida and beyond, with interaction between researchers from colleges, universities, and industry. The annual International FLAIRS Conference promotes Artificial Intelligence through the presentation of new research and development in AI, as papers, posters, tutorials, and workshops at the conference, and a conference proceedings.
Open Access Policy
The proceedings provide immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. There are no publication charges, and all content is freely available without charge to the user or their institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in the proceedings without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author for non-commercial purposes. Nonetheless, reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein requires credit to the original publication source with a link to both the article and the license. This open access policy is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative's (BOAI) definition of open access.
Copyright to Your Publication
As described in the author agreement, authors retain copyright to their publications. As an open access journal, we disseminate all content under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC license.
This journal permits and encourages authors to post items submitted to the journal on personal websites or institutional repositories both prior to and after publication, while providing bibliographic details that credit, if applicable, its publication in this journal.
Content published in the proceedings will be preserved by the George A. Smathers Libraries at the University of Florida. The Libraries are committed to long-term digital preservation of all materials in UF-supported collaborative projects. Redundant digital archives, adherence to proven standards, and rigorous quality control methods protect digital objects. The UF Digital Collections provide a comprehensive approach to digital preservation, including technical supports, reference services for both online and offline archived files, and support services by providing training and consultation for digitization standards for long-term digital preservation. Content will be preserved indefinitely, unless a specific request for removal of a specific item is directed to the journal managers. If you believe that your copyrighted material has been deposited into any proceedings without consent, please contact the administrators.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The University of Florida is committed to creating a community that reflects the rich racial, cultural, and ethnic diversity of the state and nation. FLAIRS contributes to this mission by promoting inclusivity through supporting open access; actively encouraging greater representation across cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and fostering transparency and openness throughout the publishing cycle.
Author Agreement (that will be obtained from authors of papers accepted in a FLAIRS conference):
This agreement takes effect upon acceptance of the Submission entitled ______________ ("Submission") for publication in The FLAIRS Conference Proceedings.
- I hereby grant to the University of Florida (“the University”) the non-exclusive right to retain, reproduce and distribute the Submission in whole or in part, in print and electronic format and in any medium. This agreement does not represent a transfer of copyright to the University of Florida.
- The University of Florida may make and keep multiple copies of the work for purposes of security, backup, preservation and access; and may migrate the work to any medium or format for the purpose of preservation and access.
- I represent and warrant to the University of Florida that the work is my original work and that I have the authority as sole author or I have the authority on behalf of my co-authors to grant the rights contained in this agreement. I also represent that the work does not, to the best of my knowledge, infringe or violate any rights of others.
- I further represent and warrant that I have obtained all necessary rights to permit the University of Florida to reproduce and distribute the work, including any third-party material. Alternatively, I represent that my use of any third-party material is allowed because the material is not in copyright or I have performed a fair use analysis and reasonably believe my use is permitted. Any content owned by a third party is clearly identified and acknowledged within the work.
- I grant these same rights to FLAIRS Inc. Additionally, I grant the right to both the University of Florida and FLAIRS Inc. to enter into agreements with third-party entities and the rights necessary to host, print, index and abstract the Submission.
The FLAIRS Proceedings applies a Creative Commons CC BY-NC license to encourage sharing and reuse of content and to maximize the impact of published research. By publishing in the FLAIRS proceedings, I agree that the terms of this license will be applied to the Submission. Smathers Libraries (firstname.lastname@example.org) may be able to offer additional information. By granting this license, I acknowledge that I have read and agreed to the terms of this agreement.