Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point Times New Roman font or a simllar font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are correctly numbered and placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end or in a separate document.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
A Note on Author Copyright
All authors retain the copyright of their work and, except where otherwise noted, all article content in SFAJ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 License (CC BY-NC 3.0 US). This means that others may remix, tweak, and build upon an author’s work in a non-commercial setting so long as they acknowledge the original work. However, others do not have the right to license derivative works on the same terms as the originating author.