Focus and Scope
The Journal of Nematology (ISSN 0022-300X) is the official publication of the Society of Nematologists (SON) and publishes original papers on all aspects of basic, applied, descriptive, theoretical or experimental nematology. Other categories of papers include invited reviews, abstracts of papers presented at annual s meetings, and special publications as appropriate. Authors are encouraged to consult the Editor-in-Chief (EiC) about submissions of special publications.
The Journal of Nematology is published quarterly and subscription is included as part of SON membership. Nonmembers of SON are encouraged to publish in the Journal of Nematology.
Peer Review Process
When a manuscript is submitted, it is read by the Editor-in-Chief and assigned to the appropriate subject editor. The editor selects two reviewers who are familiar with the subject area and invites them to review the manuscript. The reviewers agree to review the manuscript within three weeks.
Although the identity of the editor is known to the authors, confidentiality of peer reviewers is an established tradition in the JON review process and under no circumstances are the names of reviewers to be given to authors or other reviewers.
Manuscripts will be published as soon as they are ready. They will be placed in the current volume's Table of Contents consecutively. At a pre-determined cut-off, the volume will be closed and another volume opened. When volume's are closed, they will be sent to be printed.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Sources of Support
- A&L Southern Agricultural Laboratories David Sui (email@example.com) Pompano Beach, FL
- Ajay North America, LLC Mark Leafgreen (firstname.lastname@example.org) Powder Springs, GA
- Arvesta Charles T. Schiller (email@example.com) Cary, NC
- BASF Plant Science LLC Volker Mittendorf (firstname.lastname@example.org) Research Triangle
- Bayer Crop Science Lee S. Hall (email@example.com) Research Triangle Park, NC
- Divergence, Inc. James P. McCarter (firstname.lastname@example.org) St. Louis, MO
- Dow Agro Sciences James P. Mueller (email@example.com) Brentwood, CA
- DuPont Crop Protection Michel A. Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org) Newark, DE
- Pasteuria BioSciences, LLC Kelly Smith (email@example.com) Alachua, FL
- Pest Pros, Inc. Randy Van Haren (firstname.lastname@example.org) Plainﬁeld, WI
- Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc. David Long (email@example.com) Greensboro, NC
2011 out-going Editor-in-Chief
Kris N. Lambert (Term ends December 31, 2011)
Department of Crop Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
AW-101 Turner Hall
1102 South Goodwin Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801 USA
2012 In-coming Editor-in-Chief
2001 South Rock Road
Fort Pierce, FL 34945