Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Manuscript Preparation Guidelines and the appropriate "Template" have been consulted to help find and correct any potential problems prior to submission.
- Organization. The organization of the manuscript follows the recommended outline, including the section headings/titles.
- Nomenclatural Acts follow the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN 1999).
- Referencing. All cited references are listed in the References Cited, and vice versa.
- Citations rigidly follow Florida Entomologist’s style and punctuation as described in the Guidelines.
- Keys and Synonymy texts are left justified, NOT hanging indented.
- References Cited are left justified, AND hanging indented.
- Figure Captions are listed after the last Table in the manuscript.
- Final Clean Up has been done and the manuscript scrutinized for any problems, which have been corrected.
- One reviewer is a native speaker of English, or the manuscript has been read and corrected by a qualified English-speaking editor prior to submission.
- Membership in FES. I am a member in good standing with Florida Entomological Society, or one of the coauthors of this manuscript is a current member, and has a membership ID number, or I am willing to pay the additional page charges incurred by nonmembers. If you do not know your membership number, contact the society business manager (email@example.com). Add the full name of the author who is a FES member in the Comments for the Editor box below.
- Page Charges For manuscripts received on or after January 1, 2017, page charges per printed page are US$100 for members and US$150 for non-members, plus a $10 per page charge for posting XML in BioOne (plus sales tax for Florida residents); this fee includes unrestricted electronic Web access. Additional costs for color display of figures apply.
- Financial obligations. Page charges will be paid by me or by another author, as shown on the cover page. Failure to pay publication charges in a timely manner will result in refusal of Florida Entomologist to consider any future manuscripts from the authors. Fees will not be waived or lowered for any circumstance.
- The contact author assures that all co-authors have seen this version of the manuscript and agree that the manuscript is ready for review. Be sure to list all authors and their correct email addresses on this submission form. Failure to do so will delay processing of your manuscript until the information has been provided.
- I have followed the manuscript submission guidelines in preparation of this submission. I realize that it is my responsibility to present a clean manuscript, images, and other associated supporting documents. I am willing to follow suggestions of my Co-Editor or Associate Editors to resolve any problems to correct my manuscript to journal standards. Failure to follow these rules will result in rejection of my manuscript.
Copyright for any article published in Florida Entomologist is held by the author(s) of the article. Florida Entomologist follows terms of the Creative Commons, Attribution Non-Commercial License (cc by-nc). By submitting and publishing articles in Florida Entomologist, authors grant the FOJ and Florida Entomologist's host institutions permission to make the article available through Internet posting and electronic dissemination, and to otherwise archive the information contained both electronically and in a hard printed version. When used, information and images obtained from articles must be referenced and cited appropriately. Articles may be reproduced for personal, educational, or archival purposes, or any non-commercial use. Permission should be sought from the author(s) for multiple, non-commercial reproduction. Written permission from the author(s) is required for any commercial reproduction.