Red Flags on the Beach, Part III
In former works Tanner (1998) discussed seven red flags, and BALSILLIE and TANNER (2000) listed an additional six red flags, where by "red flags" it was meant common uncertain ties or errors in coastal applications. Though the list is still by no means complete, an additional seven items are discussed here. They are:
(14) Granulometric statistics-an evaluation problem.
(15) Graphic measures versus moment measures.
(16) The mean equals the median?
(17) Composite versus suite statistics.
(18) Sieving versus settling.
(19) Particle size classification scales.
(20) Carbonate granulometry.