This revised 195-page curriculum guide is aimed at educating youth about the basics of horticulture. Youth will be exposed to information on plants and the plant kingdom. Written by Janice Easton and Deborah J. Glauer, and published by the UF Department of 4-H Youth Development, January 2015.
4HPSL21/4H192: Plant Connections Leader's Guide (ufl.edu)
- 4H357/4H357: Plant Connections Leader's Guide—Introduction
- 4H358/4H358: Plant Connections Leader's Guide—Lesson 1: What Is a Plant?
- 4H359/4H359: Plant Connections Leader's Guide—Lesson 2: Why Are Plants Important?
- 4H360/4H360: Plant Connections Leader's Guide—Lesson 3: What Makes Plants Grow?
- 4H361/4H361: Plant Connections Leader's Guide—Lesson 4: How to Grow Plants
- 4H362/4H362: Plant Connections Leader's Guide—Lesson 5: How to Select and Handle Plants
- 4H363/4H363: Plant Connections Leader's Guide—Lesson 6: The Future in Plants
Pheiffer, J.W. and Jones, J. E. Reference Guide to Handbooks and Annuals. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1983.
Mauseth, James. Botany: An Introduction to Plant Biology. Orlando: Saunders College Publishing, 1991.
Muller, Robert. Botany: A Functional Approach. 4th ed. New York: Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc., 1979.
Schroeder, Charles B.; Seagle, E.D.; Felton, L.M.; Ruter, J.M.; Kelly, W.T.; and Krewer, G. Introduction to Horticulture: Science and Technology. AgriScience and Technology Series. Illinois: Interstate Publishers, Inc., 1995.
Raven, Peter H., and Evert, Ray. Biology of Plants. 2nd ed. New York: Worth Publishers., 1976.
Smith, Robert, Ecology and Field Biology. 3rd ed. New York: Harper and Row Publishers, 1980.
MacCubbin, Tom. Florida Home Grown 2: The Edible Landscape. Orlando: Sentinel Communications Co., 1989.
Burgess, W., and Barkman, S. Producer Through Consumer: Partners to a Safe Food Supply. Indiana: Purdue University, 1992.
Darrow, E., ed. Student Research Projects in Food Science, Food Technology and Nutrition. Ohio: The Ohio State University, 1989.
Hochmuth, G.J, Maynard, D.N., and Sherman, M. Tomato Production Guide for Florida. Florida Cooperative Extension Service, Circular 98C, 1988.
Instructional Materials Service. Key Developments Shaping Modern World Agriculture. Texas A&M University, 1987.